All children and young people have equal rights and the right to live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life. The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNRC) has been signed by 197 countries, including the UK. This lists all the rights that children and young people have. These beliefs underpin your rights:
• You have the right to be protected and live free from violence, abuse or harm
• You have the right to survive and
• You have the right to be free from discrimination
• You have the right for decisions affecting you to be made in your best interest.
• You have the right and the freedom to express your views and these views should be heard when decisions are made that affect you.
Posted in: Is it happening to me?