What’s a residence order?

It’s an official court document that states who you will live with, if your parents have separated or are divorcing and have not been able to decide that between themselves. When there’s domestic violence, you will usually end up living with the non-abusing parent (usually your mum). If you’re not happy with the decision about who you should live with, it’s important that you tell your CAFCASS officer, the solicitors and the judge how you feel.

Posted in: What Can I do?